I know many of you are always on the lookout for fun Saturday activities for the kids to do! This Saturday you will have no trouble at all finding something the whole family is sure to enjoy because the Pendleton Community Library is hosting a Halloween themed magic show at 10 am Saturday morning (Oct.25th). During the show children will be asked to join in on the fun and all children will receive a prize for participating. Halloween refreshments will also be served. After the show is an ideal time to check out everything else that our amazing library has to offer! Hope to see you there!
I think it is common knowledge that listing your house in the spring time is the most popular time but did you know that fall listings can be just a successful. Think about it… most people who are house shopping want to make sure they have found their new home before the harshest part of the winter hits. This ensures that those buyers are more serious, make quicker decisions, and want to speed the process along just as quickly as you, the seller, does.
Curb appeal is undoubtedly one of the most important aspects of selling a home. If you can’t get them interested from the outside there is not much of a chance they will even take the time to see the inside. And really, what better backdrop can you have to your home than the deep, rich, and beautiful colors of the fall leaves. You can’t buy this type of home staging!
The fall weather also helps to encourage potential home buyers to set up roots. With the chill in the air the desire to nestle into a cozy, warm home is almost instinctual. Increase the appeal by lighting a fire in the fireplace, baking a batch of cookies, and adding warm, earth tones to the interior of your home. All of these will help the buyer feel at home and comfortable.
If you are considering selling your house soon but thought you should wait until spring… don’t! We can help you figure out the best home selling plan, price, and timeline. Feel free to contact us with any questions! We look forward to hearing from you!
It’s probably not too often that you see a blog about a blog…. rather ironic really. But what I really wanted to convey with this is the usefulness of our two blogs “Pendleton Real Estate Pro” and “The Real Estate Pros“. Both blogs address the big questions that many of you have for realtors such as “Qualities and Traits a Realtor Should Have“, “The Benefits of an FHA Loan“, and “Mistakes to Avoid When Buying a House.” In addition to tips and tricks in real estate we also cover local events, spotlight local businesses, and even include fun and creative recipes, crafts, home decorating tips, and talk about our love for our four-legged friends as well. These blogs can be an excellent resource for anyone looking to buy or sell a home as well as any current home owners or those living in the Pendleton/Anderson area. Be sure to check out both blogs and feel free to ask us as many questions as you like!
Choosing the right realtor is almost as important of decision as choosing the right house for your family. The difference between the wrong realtor and the right one may be thousands of dollars lost during the sale, months of sitting and waiting for your house to sell, or in extreme cases loss of your home due to financial hardship. That is why we have compiled a list that we feel that every realtor should strive to achieve and we feel that we meet and surpass many of these requirements. Our south Madison County market can be a competitive yet exciting market and we feel that with each home sold or bought we are gaining even more experience and insight into what makes a successful real estate agent.
* Reputation: Nothing, not even advertisements, commercials, or signs speak louder than word of mouth reputation. That is why asking around to your friends and neighbors is a great idea when seeking out an agent. We feel very confident in our reputation due to our diligence in the process and overall determination to ensure our customers satisfaction. We encourage you to poll our customers and see their responses!
* Online Presence: I’m sure that this comes as no surprise that real estate methods have changed drastically since the internet has become commonplace. With that being said we have prided ourselves in staying ahead of the curve when it comes to online advertising, use of social media platforms, staying in the know of current trends, and being fluent in new technology. All of these help to contribute to the overall success of our team.
* Being Local: When searching for a home in a specific area or town you want your agent to be familiar with not only the homes but the heart of the town. You want someone who can tell you that this particular street will be closed during parades or that this particular neighborhood has lots of kids, dogs, etc. Being immersed in the town of Pendleton and all that it has to offer allows us to serve you, our consumer, to the fullest extent and bestow upon you the knowledge of the town that we have picked up along the way.
* Experience: This one is simple, you want someone that knows what they were doing. Many of us on the team have years and years of experience and can help guide you seamlessly along the process. We have worked hard and dedicated ourselves full time to the real estate business so as to better accumulate more and more experience/knowledge.
* Busy… but not TOO Busy: You kind of have to question a real estate agent that is not very busy or has very few listings. This is because it’s either he/she is not fully dedicated to the process or their poor reputation has finally caught up. A steady stream of clients and houses is the ideal situation that a realtor would be in and very much represents our day to day business. You also do not want a realtor that is too busy to properly handle your transaction. We feel that we have found the perfect balance. We have a fully staffed team that includes job specific titles such as operations manager and marketing manager to allow our agents to focus on those more important things such as YOU!
I’m sure by now you have all been to, heard about, or drove through the Summerlake neighborhood at some point or another. But until you live there you can never fully understand the wide range of benefits that come with home ownership in Summerlake. Not only are most of the homes spacious with open floor plans but many of them feature beautiful yards, updated kitchens, and storage space galore. In addition to the homes themselves Summerlake also boasts an ever popular playground, tennis courts, swimming pool, and club house! It is like having a mini resort right here in your own neighborhood. But as many residents will attest, the best part about living in Summerlake are your neighbors and the camaraderie that takes place in the little community. So if you are looking for a welcoming, affordable, and spacious home within the South Madison School Corporation then look no further than Summerlake!
Current Summerlake Listings:
I don’t know about you but I am over the moon thrilled having a store like B’Dazzled in our town. Before now it was hard to find trendy, affordable, clothing and with such selection anywhere nearby. Not only that but Beth (the owner) makes the shopping experience even more enjoyable with her upbeat personality and willingness to help you find the perfect outfit! Plus the boutique carries items in all sizes, including plus sizes and an array of styles from country chic to urban hippie and everything in between. I highly suggest “liking” her facebook page so that you can see all of the upcoming clothing and even “reserve” that dress you just can’t live without. If you haven’t already, stop in and see the amazing clothing, jewelry, accessories, and shoes for yourself!
* KW App: “Get the most accurate and up-to-date real estate information right at your fingertips”
* Mortgage Calculator: “This app will help you figure out how much that house you’re thinking about will cost per month AND provides a realtime look at the current mortgage and refinance rates.”
* Houzz: “This app provides the tools and information you need to complete your next home remodeling or decorating project.”
* Handy Man DIY: “Handy Man DIY is certainly a handy utilities app with which to begin any project idea which has been brewing in your head!”
* Color Snap: “Capture color inspiration whenever it strikes. With ColorSnap from Sherwin-Williams, you have the power to take real-world colors and turn them into paint-color swatches—all on your smartphone”
* How Your House Works: “The app breaks down the workings of the plumbing, electrical, and heating/air conditioning systems, and other house parts, and shows not only what the parts look like and how they interact, but the sequence in which things work.”
* Homeowner Calendar: “Keep track of all your home improvement, gardening, and maintenance projects with Homeowner Calendar! Now with Push Notification!”
* Four Walls: “Use this app to quickly compare and find out all of the financial realities of potential home or investment property purchases”
* Home Savvy: “The award-winning HomeSavvy app from HomeAdvisor (formerly ServiceMagic) gives you a customized home maintenance schedule and alerts you when it’s time to get the project done.”