Home Inspection: The Single Smartest Thing You Can Do In Homebuying

Unless you are in the elite 1% buying a home is a HUGE deal and often times a major source of stress.  It is difficult to make such a large investment and not know what to expect.  Fortunately there is one way for the rest of us 99% to make such a large purchase and have peace of mind in doing so and that is by getting a home inspection. By hiring a state liscensed home inspector such as HomeTech Inspection Services, you can be rest assured that your biggest investment will be a sound one.  There are many things that go into a home inspection.  The inspector will alert you to any and all major repairs or builder oversights.  The inspector will also inform you of any maintenance that needs to be done to the home.  There are many different areas of expertise that a home inspector pursues to ensure the integrity of his inspection.  For example he will inspect the heating system, interior plumbing, electrical system, the roof, insulation, walls, and the list goes on and on.  Some of you might be wondering why you can’t just walk through the house or have your handyman dad take a peak.  The problem with that scenario is that a professional home inspector like HomeTech is familiar with the elements of home construction, proper installation, and why something is not up to code.  Plus you will get an unbiased opinion as opposed to your dad who wants you to buy a home and stop sleeping on his basement couch.  In addition to the normal expectations of a home inspection, HomeTech inspection offers additional services such as radon testing, termite testing, well and septic inspections, and more.  So just the same as you wouldn’t buy a car without first taking it for a test drive, and until they start letting you “test” live in a house for a month, a home inspection is an essential and necessary part of responsible home ownership.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s