Did you know that you can give your bathroom a well needed facelift without totally breaking the bank? By following these simple suggestions you will be able to update and essentially renovate one of your most used rooms. (and one of the rooms that potential buyers pay especially close attention to)
* Paint Your Cabinets: You are not doomed to have those light wood colored cabinets forever. All it takes is a little elbow grease in the form of sandpaper and paint. One of the most popular colors now is white or a light colored paint that not only modernizes but also makes the space appear brighter and bigger.
* Tile It: What is so great about tiling now is that you don’t need to go through the long, labor intensive process of actual tile but instead use the peel and stick tile. The final result is almost eerily the same and the cost and work is much lower.
* Paint the Door: While you still have your paint supplies handy you may want to paint the interior door to the bathroom an eye popping color. This gives the entire room a focal point and brightens it up.
* Change Your Lighting: More specifically change the glass covering on your lighting. This is an inexpensive way to purge your old looking bathroom and give it a modern makeover.
* Change Your Towels and Bathmats: This seems simple enough and you will be amazed at the overall change. As a side note: even if your bathmats come with a fluffy toilet seat cover… don’t use it. It makes the entire bathroom look very dated!